Monday, December 24, 2007

My sem break holiday... the other half of the story! :-P

Hi everybody... This is Doria, Alish's cutest, most annoying 'sister' in UTM.

Thanks to Alish for letting me write something in her blog! Let me start the story of a girl who started harassing Alish's holiday , way back in Nov 24... (A grandma's tale starting soon, so watch out!)

We had this idea of traveling together to KL for our NLDS, since NLDS was scheduled to be held in UM. Plus, we had some other agenda in KL: Alish was supposed to handle Jeanne's visa procedures, and I had to be in KL by end Nov as I was one of the facis for Youth Forum in conjunction with National AIDS Conference.

So what better way to go to the central than to travel side by side, in a small but comfy Kancil from Batu Pahat (Alish's place)?

I spent a few days at Alish's place. Enjoyed the stay there -- I'd never been to Batu Pahat and stay at a friend's place before.


Things that I enjoyed most while staying with Alish at her place:



Alish behind the wok

She IS a good cook - even her parents said so (which is why having her as your wife is a good thing -- promoting you on your blog, Alish)

Her parents are so cool -- like her father, 'walik' [by pronounciation] especially since he has a good sense of humor,

I've being given cooking lessons by Alish and her mom -- great, now I know how I fared if I were to get married in 30 days.. :-P


I know how she gets to where she is today -- man, don't mess with her, she's very strong!



Her room view...

An illustration of a 'ghost' Alish by her dad

I don't like how Alish treated her entourage of toys though... These people will be better off with me than in a dark, deserted corner!!! :-P

Her house is so serene, so peaceful... It's surprising to know the story about that building beside her house at the end of the day!

After a few days of bugging Alish at her place, we went off to KL on the night of Nov 27. Two girls in a Kancil to KL... What a road trip! Arriving at Alish's brother's place around 11++ pm, we went around KL in search of Legend Hotel [so I can go for my conference] and National Library [so Alish can go online and do matching]

We head off to AIESEC Malaysia's office the next day very, very early in the morning... No further details as to how we get there, and why are we heading there so early, but we get there nonetheless. We continued on with our tasks: I had a briefing for my scheduled conference, and Alish did her online match...


Alish, showing her frustration at an annoying Doria
(just kidding, she's just SSing in front of the camera -- taken on the first day, when we're meeting the MCs at the office, as well as David Benjamin, the 'baaaa' faci)

The cute unnamed lion at Guardian near AIESEC Malaysia office


Same thing happened the next day: we went to the office again. We had the usuals: getting network connection at the office, and resolved to 'borrowing' an anonymous wireless network when we couldn't get our online fix. :-P

Nov 30 to Dec 2: We spent our time at the Legend Hotel, attending National AIDS Conference. We had loads of fun there; besides showing what we, as youth (AIESEC members also) can contribute towards the issue of HIV / AIDS in Malaysia, we also enjoyed the facilities provided...

(Alish, I won't share more details on our 'TV shows' the other night, and my moments of 'ber-Daryl' and 'ber-Ariff'... Unless you shared your part of the story first ya?)

Dec 2 noon to Dec 9 night: We headed to UM for our NLDS / MNC. NLDS = National Leadership Development Seminar; MNC = Mid National Convention. Simply put, our young ones of AIESEC are having fun developing themselves, doing square dances, partying away while we, the old ones spent our days planning, strategising, contemplating on our past and getting ready for our 6 months ahead...

Dec 10 to 12: I'm back with Alish, at her brother's place. This time, we focused more on clearing our future intern, Jeanne's visa procedure, at the same time having fun together...

Drove all the way to Putrajaya and LHDN in Jalan Duta twice,

Went for sushi, movies [Golden Compass, minus Alish] and mamak session with Victor afterwards...

I left Alish on Dec 12 night for Singapore, to continue on with my Singapore NLDS...

Passing the floor back to Alish, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

[Hey, do request for more stories from me ya? So I can narrate more non - stop]





1 comment: